Essential Guidelines for Healthy Living
Too often, people who are obese, or battling weight issues, are that way because of their unhealthy eating habits, mental attitude and outlook. I have compiled a list of 12 essential guidelines that you can follow to take charge of your life.
1) Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, which contain various vitamins and minerals.
2) Increase the consumption of high fibre foods such as wholemeal bread and cereals.
3) Reduce the consumption of high saturated fat and high cholestrol foods such as fatty meats, coconut milk, cuttle-fish, shrimps for example. On the other hand, use other alternatives such as fish and lean meats to obtain protein in your diet.
4) Be moderate in alcohol consumption and increase water intake to at least 6-8 glasses per day.
5) Reduce sugar intake. Cut down the consumption of high-refined carbohydrate foods such as cakes, cream biscuits and reduce the amount of sugar in drinks.
6) Reduce the salt consumption. Avoid table salt and soy sauce.
7) Quit smoking. If you do not smoke, never start.
8) Maintain an ideal body weight.
9) Exercise regularly, at least 3 times a week. The aerobic exercises like brisk walking, jogging, cycling and swimming will strengthen the cardio-pulmonary system, muscles and joints.
10) For those who are too busy to have proper meals, make sure that you have adequate nutrient supplements.
11) Learn to relax in stressful situations and have a positive mind towards all matters.
12) Maintain your routine medical check up and full blood screening tests at least once a year.
Featured Offer from Wedding Diet Site:
Grab 5 Free Supertips On Healthy Dieting and Weight Loss
You will receive a series of 5 lessons on Healthy Dieting and Weight Loss tailored specially for brides. Sign up in the form below.
Some of the tips and the topics covered are:
1. The things that every woman must know about diet and weight loss
2. The fastest way to lose 5 pounds
2. Negative calorie food--what are they and why they are a bride's best friends
3. This liquid is magical in your dieting - particularly on your wedding day
4. The balanced approach
5. Yes, you can get slim without the gym